WinTV-HVR-2250 Media Center Kit: includes a Media Center certified remote control transmitter, an IR remote control receiver/blaster cable, an A/V breakout cable for the primary A/V input, an auxiliary A/V panel and cable to add a second set of audio/video inputs, and an IR transmitter cable to control a second set top box thorugh the auxiliary A/V panel.
Dual TV for Windows Media Center! Watch and record up to two TV channels at the same time! WinTV-HVR-2250 has these great features on one half height PCIe board:
- Dual tuner TV board for your PC: - Dual digital TV receivers for ATSC or clear QAM. Watch and record two ATSC or clear QAM digital TV programs at the same time. Watch and record all ATSC and QAM formats, including the high definition 1080i format. Clear QAM digital TV channels are TV channels which are broadcast "in the clear" on your cable TV network. - Dual built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoders for recording analog cable TV, for the best system performance. Watch and record two cable TV programs at the same time. When recording analog cable TV, the dual built in hardware MPEG-2 encoders let your PC run at full speed! - Built-in antenna splitter allows you to make one connection to either cable TV or an ATSC antenna, and watch and record up to 2 channels. - New feature! Now with on-board IR remote control with dual IR blasters for Windows Media Center! - Windows Media Center compatible. New! Now supports Windows 7. - Single slot PCI Express (PCIe) X1 board, half height.
ATSC over-the-air digital TV features:
- Dual ATSC over-the-air digital TV tuners. Supports all ATSC formats, up to the highest definition 1080i format. - Watch one ATSC digital TV program while recording another ATSC program to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. TV recordings will typically consume 5 GB of disk space per hour for ATSC high definition. - Built-in antenna splitter allows you to make one connection to an ATSC antenna but watch and record up to 2 channels.
Clear QAM digital cable TV features:
- Dual clear QAM digital cable TV receivers. Watch one clear QAM digital cable TV program while recording another clear QAM program to your PC's hard disk using high quality MPEG-2. - Built-in cable TV splitter allows you to make one connection to cable TV but watch and record 2 TV programs at the same time. - Note: to receive clear QAM digital cable TV, you need to use either Windows 7 Media Center or the Hauppauge WinTV v7 application. - Note: not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable operator for the availability of clear QAM digital cable TV.
Two analog tuners and hardware encoders:
- Dual built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoders, so your PC continues to run at full speed while watching, pausing and recording analog cable TV - Dual 125 channel cable ready TV tuners built-in. With dbx-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound. - Built-in cable TV splitter allows you to make one connection to cable TV but watch and record 2 TV programs at the same time. - Composite/S-Video and audio inputs, for cable or satellite set top boxes or VCRs.
External audio/video input features
- Two sets of A/V inputs are included: one on the back panel bracket of the WinTV-HVR-2250 and one on the "Auxiliary A/V panel" which requires a chassis slot - S-Video, composite video and stereo audio supported on both inputs - Record external audio/video with dual built-in high quality hardware MPEG-2 encoders